Wauwatosa Curling Club
January 25, 2020
The Chili Spiel is back! As you may have experienced or heard, this is a fun event which is now in its 13th year! Unique scoring format, great chili from 12 curling club cooks, open bar, and prizes!
Event is on Saturday, January 25th, (3 p.m. starting time) with entry deadline being Saturday, January 11th (although in past years, this event fills up well before then.)
Entry fee is $20/person
This is an individual Open event--All Tosa Club members welcome. First 64 entries are in, others are on a standby/sub basis.
Here’s how it works:
- All participants will have their names randomly generated onto teams for each of the 3 games.
- Individuals will win points for each game, based on being on the winning team (5 points), ends won (2 points for each end won), and total points scored (1 point per point). I will do my best to balance teams using our ratings. However, each team will set their own order for each game.
- There will be 4 end games, with a 3 game guarantee.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 scoring individuals, and the overall winner will be on the Chili Spiel plaque in the clubroom!
- The first 12 chili cooks who commit to making their own brand of special chili will have their entry fee waived. A silent voting system will be used to determine the chili cook-off winner, with the winner’s name added to the Chili Spiel plaque!
First 64 to respond are in for curling, first 12 curlers to respond to cook chili are in the cook-off!
ADVISE IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU ARE:
--CURLING AND COOKING
Your reply will be acknowledged soon as to whether you are in or not, along with further details.
Hope to see you for the Chili Spiel and...good curling!