Wauwatosa Curling Club
We're making plans, so please register now!
March 28, 2019
Greetings fellow curlers! This season has come and gone in a flash, and we have so much to be proud of. Following the Gold Medal success of the US Men’s Curling team, excitement for the sport brought us a wonderful group of first year curlers (Welcome!) Along with the great new group of curlers, we were busy! This year alone, we accomplished the following:
- Instructed nearly 300 people at Try Curling events
- Hosted over 15 Corporate Events, reaching over 300 people, netting tremendous revenues and solidifying our position as a great place to bring your work outing
- Executed a Community Bonspiel over the holidays, generating good will in our relationship with the City of Wauwatosa and bringing more people to the sport
- Proudly hosted the 60th Wisconsin Badger Women’s Bonspiel, with participants from 10 clubs throughout the state
- Successfully hosted teams from all over the US and Canada with our Annual Valentine’s Open and Men’s Invitational bonspiels
- Were chosen as the host site for 2 Paralympic Curling Clinics held in conjunction with the WI Adaptive Sports Association (WASA) and USA Curling
- Cheered on several of our own WCC Curlers at the US Junior Nationals and US Nationals
- Are the proud home of the WI State Senior Men’s Champion Team
- Were awarded the 2018 Americanism Award, nominated by the Association of the United States Army, a strong partner with WCC at our VA and Adaptive Curling
- After 20 plus years, are the proud home to the winners of the Tosa Men's Invitational
I’m exhausted typing all of that. WHAT A YEAR! A deep and profound THANK YOU to everyone that volunteered, from Event Chairs, Ice Makers, Chefs, Bartenders, Dessert/Appetizer Makers, Raffle Prize Donators, On Ice Trainers and Clubroom Hospitality. Thank you to the Ice Committee, whom without their amazing work throughout the year we wouldn’t be here. A special thanks to the Website and Membership Committees for navigating through the many emails, calls and notes to get folks signed up for the many events we had. The Try Curling and Corporate Events Chairs/Committees have been on overdrive this year, and you continued to bring in more people to the sport we love. I am grateful to the Club Board for their continued support and drive to move our club forward.
To EVERY Member: Thank you for being ambassadors of Curling and WCC. You are what make this club flourish. It has truly been a pleasure serving as your Club President this past year. I wish everyone a happy, healthy summer and look forward to seeing everyone at the Banquet!
2018-19 Club President
Banquet Volunteers Needed!
Please sign up to volunteer at the Spring Banquet!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click here to go to our volunteer sign up page.
- Enter your email address (you will NOT need to register an account.)
- Choose your spots! When you are done, you will receive an automated confirmation and reminders.